Cure Hyperthyroidism with Natural Himalayan Salt
What is Hyperthyroidism?
When your thyroid produces more hormones than required, you suffer from hyperthyroidism. The thyroid is a small gland located in the neck, resembling a butterfly. The gland is responsible for producing and secreting T3 and T4 thyroxine hormones that regulate your metabolism and heart rate. Metabolism refers to everything the body does to convert food into energy.
Hyperthyroidism accelerates your metabolism and affects every organ of the body. Your heart, bone and muscle health is severely compromised if left unattended. Patients are even exposed to strokes and congestive heart failure. It’s also linked to the menstrual cycle and fertility issues in females. Also, untreated hyperthyroidism during pregnancy can impact both mother and foetus.
Hyperthyroidism is characterized by certain unpleasant symptoms, such as:
- Uneasiness, anxiety, or quirkiness
- Constant fatigue or muscle weakness
- Unexplained, sudden weight loss
- Frequent bowel movements
- Tremors in hands and fingers
- Palpitation and Irregular heartbeat
- Inability to resist warmer climates and heat
- Deficient sleep (insomnia)
- Unexplained mood swings
- Hair turning fragile
- Acne and skin thinning
- Disturbed menstrual cycle
- Swelling in the neck area (goitre)
The condition takes time to develop and reveal symptoms. But some medications, such as beta-blockers (used for high blood pressure) might delay or mask the symptoms completely. At times, patients take pink salt for sleep to beat the sleep deficiency caused by hyperthyroidism.
Who’s at risk?
Hyperthyroidism is more common than you think, affecting about 1.6% of Indians. Strangely, the condition is 2 to 10 times more prevalent among females.
You are vulnerable to it if you are:
- A female
- An elderly (above 60 years of age)
- Consuming Iodine-rich foods and medications
- Born into a family with a history of thyroid issues
- Struggling with other health issues, such as diabetes, anaemia, adrenal deficiency
Causes of hyperthyroidism
The cause of hyperthyroidism can be linked to several factors, Grave’s Disease for one. It’s an autoimmune condition where your immune system mounts an offense on the thyroid, leading to excessive thyroxine production. The overgrowth of thyroid nodules, and over intake of iodine and thyroid medications for hypothyroidism can also fast-track the thyroxine secretion.
Can Hyperthyroidism be cured?
Breathe easy, hyperthyroidism is curable. If detected early, symptom relief and recovery can be achieved through medications, Radioiodine therapy, surgery, and Himalayan salt chunks.
- Medications: Anti-thyroid medications can bring down the thyroxine production if used for at least a couple of years. Beta Blockers are widely used for symptom relief, such as uneasiness, tremors, palpitation, nervousness, and more, helping you feel better.
- Radioiodine therapy: Radioiodine therapy involves the intake of radioactive iodine orally. The idea is to eliminate cells responsible for the production of thyroid hormones without affecting other cells. However, the therapy often leads to hypothyroidism.
- Surgery: If you cannot take medicines for any reason, such as pregnancy, surgery is the only option available. The surgeon will get rid of the entire thyroid gland and a specific part of it. You’ll need to take thyroid medications for the rest of your life, post-surgery.
- Himalayan Salt: It’s perhaps the most natural and effective therapy of them all for symptom relief, complication prevention and speedy recovery. The Himalayan salt is essentially a rock salt with a slightly pinkish hue, thanks to mineral impurities. You can take the pink salt through the mouth like common salt. Alternatively, enjoy the therapeutic benefits through a Himalayan salt lamp, just like millions around the world do.
Wondering what does a salt lamp does?
Well, it’s simple and scientific too. The Himalayan salt lamps feature a chunk of hollow Himalayan rock. Within the hollow space is placed a light bulb connected to a power switch through a cable. When the bulb illuminates, it also emits heat, besides light. The heat causes the salt to emit negative ions that do all the healing involved. These negative ions counteract with the positive ions to cancel out allergens and pollutants present in the air. This leads to a therapeutic effect on hyperthyroidism, hypothyroidism, along with multiple allergies, and respiratory conditions, such as asthma, sinus, and more.
Benefits of Himalayan pink salt in curing Thyroid:
Still not convinced? Here’re a few compelling reasons to make you think otherwise.
- Himalayan salt is known to ensure optimal thyroid function. The salt bridges iodine deficiency, helping keep hypothyroidism at bay and promoting thyroid function.
- Himalayan salt is also rich in sodium and potassium. These minerals are required for relief in symptoms like chronic fatigue and multiple hormonal imbalances.
- The minerals present in the Himalayan salt help production and release of digestive juices. Better digestion translates into a healthier thyroid, pure and simple.
- Dehydration can lead to malnutrition, which in turn impacts your thyroid health. The Himalayan salt ensures optimal fluid levels in the body, warding off dehydration.
- The salt is natural with no harmful chemicals used during the refining process. So, the chances of side-effects are negated outright.
Thyroid health is the cornerstone of your overall health and wellness. Himalayan salt comes across as a natural, safe and effective remedy for thyroid issues like hyperthyroidism.
Share this post