How to make your home more mindful?
To achieve harmony is an ambitious goal. But as rightly said, it will come in short order once you achieve harmony within yourself. But with our current lifestyles, we are full of distractions. It’s hard to focus on the present when so much depends on what comes next. In order to successfully practice mindfulness, it is important to block distractions and focus on the inner self.
Here are a few things you can do to create a more mindful space:
- Decorate with a himalayan salt lamp: Himalayan Salt Lamp are carved from pink Himalayan salt in particular the Himalayan mountain region. They have a number of health benefits as they are natural ionizers. Firstly, salt is hygroscopic. This means it attracts water molecules. As these Himalayan salt rock lamps pull in water, they also capture any contaminants in the room helping detoxify the room, leaving behind a more purified environment, easing allergy and asthma symptoms. Himalayan salt rock lamps are also said to release negative ions. This helps recreate the feeling of being outside in nature, helping reduce stress, increase energy levels, and promote better sleep.
- Bring the outdoors in: When creating a more mindful space, select colors which reflect the outdoors. Soft tones, such as white, gray, or beige can help induce a sense of relaxation. Having colors that work well together is not only important for the beauty, but also helps create harmony between your walls, floors, furniture, and other items.
- Remove distractions to relax your mind: Electronic devices make the certain tasks easier but add further clutter and stress to our lives. These leave electromagnetic radiation which leads to fatigue, stress, and even weakens your immune system. Hence, when creating a more mindful space, try to keep it clear from as many electrical distractions as possible. Keep the television, computer, and phone elsewhere.
- Keep clean: Purifying the air and keeping the room decluttered are great steps but incomplete if there’s dirt all over the house. A clean space will improve your overall hygiene and mood.
- Diffuse essential oils: If you are looking to create a relaxing living space, an essential oil diffuser must be on your list. As Himalayan salt lamps, there are a number of health benefits. Not only will they help purify and dehumidify the air, but can also help your room smell good, enhance mood, and ultimately help you de-stress.
- Practice meditation and yoga: For centuries, people have turned to meditation as a means of becoming more aware of themselves and tapping into energy greater than their own. Mindful meditation can help you find what you’re looking for. Combining personal actions within the right environment will accelerate progress and help you discover what you’re looking for.
Share this post