Salt Crystal Lamps: Benefits and Myths
Himalayan Salt Lamps can be kept in the room for several benefits it offers :
- Great Night Light and Low-Light Lamp: Research states the various colors of light affect the body in various ways. For example, doctors recommend avoiding the blue light after sunset as it can interfere with circadian rhythm and disrupt sleep hormones. The modern sources of light such as tablets, computers, TVs emit blue light and most of us spend the majority of the time staring at the screens. Himalayan Salt Lamps, on the other hand, offer a warm orange glow, similar to the orange hues found in a campfire or by candlelight. For this reason, they are a great light source for the evening and can even be used as a night light without negatively affecting sleep.
- Improve Air Quality: Rightly mentioned, Himalayan Salt Lamps are not a source of negative ions. But due to their hygroscopic properties, they may improve the air in other ways. Besides offering a soothing glow, they can attract pollutants in the air and even help neutralize the effects of electronics.
- Light and Color Therapy Benefits: These soothing Himalayan Salt Lamps may also help boost mood and energy levels, especially for those with Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD). The soft orange hues are one of the soothing colors often used to calm mood and increase focus. The small amounts of negative ions might boost the mood.
- Soothing for Allergies: Himalayan Salt Lamps are known to be great for conditions such as asthma and allergies. People have noticed a large difference from having these Himalayan Salt Lamps.
Although some of the health claims are not supported by science.
Himalayan salt lamps benefits
- They are attractive
- They create a nice ambiance
- They might help limit light in the evening
- Overall, these points may make them a great addition to your home.
Himalayan Salt Lamps: Conclusion
Salt lamps do not create large amounts of negative ions like you’ll find in nature, especially around water. But Himalayan Salt Lamps are a beautiful light source that may offer the benefits of color therapy, by cleaning the air hygroscopically and alleviating allergies. They are a reasonable no-blue light source to use after dark and as a sleep-friendly night light for kids. Remember, they aren’t going to fix any health problems on their own or drastically improve indoor air quality. They are, however, a beautiful and eco-friendly light source that produces a healthy spectrum of light. If you are choosing lamps for your home, they are a great option to consider.
Share this post