Your Salt Lamp Is an Imposter – Warning Signs
Top Signs that your Himalayan Salt Lamp is fake are:
- Highly Durable: Himalayan Salt Lamps are fragile. If you drop or bang into a solid object, the chances of the salt crystal being damaged are extremely high. If your salt is unaffected by a collision, it could be an imposter.
- Very Bright Light: If you are looking for a bright light source, a Himalayan Salt Lamp is not the way to go. Due to the high content of several minerals, a Himalayan Salt Lamp gives off the light in an irregular and muffled manner. A true lamp does not have enough light to light up the room.
- Poor Return Policy: The real Himalayan Salt Lamp is made of salt so it is not surprising that it is fragile. The good manufacturers know this and have return policies that are flexible since they could be damaged in transit. If the manufacturer has a ‘NO RETURN’ Policy, you might have to think again. This is not the case always but the fake retailers do not permit any returns usually.
- Inexpensive White Crystal: The Himalayan Salt Lamp offers a warm pinkish or orange hue. There is a white Himalayan Salt Lamp which is extremely rare and pricey than the colored ones. So if you find a white crystal lamp that is more expensive than the pink/orange versions, it is likely to be an imposter.
- Moisture-Resistant: By its inherent nature, salt is an absorber of water. If your salt lamp has no problem being near a moisture source, this is a good sign that you own a fake one. A true lamp is prone to sweating when exposed to moisture.
- No mention of Pakistan: Deep underground mines in Pakistan are the true source of Himalayan Pink Salt. If you are questioning whether you have a real Himalayan Salt Lamp look for mention of Pakistan as the salt crystal’s country of origin. This, however, is not the only factor to consider.
- No Benefits: If you are sure you bought the right sized lamp for your space and you’ve also exposed to it on a regular basis and do not see any positive effects whatsoever, then you may not be using a real Himalayan Salt Lamp.
Looking for real and authentic lamps? Buy Himalayan Salt Lamp Online from Rangdaar now!
Share this post